Wednesday, March 15, 2006

holi

This year I missed all those wonderful colors of holi. I didnt get a chance to play holi this year. I was neither in iiit nor in warangal, where I used to have loads of colors, water and fun. But the main culprit was my laziness, which didnt allow me to get out my house in the morning. And I didnt see any activity going on in our appartments or in the places around...I wonder why no one in this place plays holi...or atleast I couldnt spot one on the road in front of my house.
Late in the afternoon, I went to sanghi temple with family. It was after a really long time that all 5 of us went together somewhere. It was a long drive but not tiring. The temple was 'ok' but the best part was the drive. Driving on wide roads at full speed is fun for anyone, specially for those who have just learnt it.
On the way back home, we went to meet my grandma in old city. It was after a pretty long time, I met her. And I got to meet a lot of my relatives too. Most of them noticed my long hair and my grandma thought that I was having a 'mokku'(it means I keep growing my hair in the name of god till some wish is fullfilled and then shave it of). I said a big 'NO' to her. I dont want to part with my hair. The last time I went to tirupati also I didnt have my head shaved. Now when my belief in god is diminishing, I cant afford to lose my hair for god.
Driving in old city is nightmare, specially if you are not sure of the way and have to ask for directions at every turn. The good thing is that the people there are very friendly and stop their work to help you find your way. There was this guy who came out from his pan-shop and took the role of traffic constable to help me take a U turn in that thin alley. I could have turned the car on my own after shouting at 2/3 people but his help really made me feel good.
Late in the evening, at around 8pm when we were about to start from my uncle's house, the thing I missed all day finally came. One of my cousins put a streak of color on my face and wished me holi...at the end of the day I had to satisfy myself with that...'yes!! I didnt miss the color(s) this year'. But the water, friends and fun part of this festival was still missing. Next year I'll make sure I plan on time and go to warangal.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sreejith said...

long hair? i want pictures as proof!!

6:25 AM  
Blogger pradeep said...

i got it cut now :(
I have the pics...will post some other time..

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home